GNU Free Call Roadmap
From GNU Telephony
Preliminary roadmap for GNU Free Call.
Announcement March 14th 2011.
First phone GUI proposal done.
Adopt Friendika for social networking in GNU Telephony and work on extending it to offer real-time secure voice and video with GNU SIP Witch and ZRTP enabled clients.
- First phone GUI done.
- Web configuration interface done.
- GNU SIP Witch plugin for Friendica done.
- Adopt Moodle for education in GNU Telephony and work on extending it to offer real-time secure voice and video with GNU SIP Witch and ZRTP enabled clients.
- GNU Free Call Announcement
- Preliminary collaboration
- First GUI proposal
Wednesday, March 23, Oslo - GNU Free Call is speaking at GoOpen at GMT +1 1040. The talk is in Norwegian, but roughly translated by "GNU Free Call - eHealth through a healthnet of cell phones".
- Branching GNU SIP Witch into a 1.x release branch to stabilize current functionality as needed
for things like the portal project.
- Updating documentation.
- Branching GNU SIP Witch into a 2.0 trunk for developing GNU Free Call related features.
- GNU SIP Witch video tutorial
- How to check out from Subversion
- How to build
- How to configure service
- How to run as foreground process
- How to register SIP client
David will attend the 7th annual VoIP conference “ClueCon” to be held August 9-11, 2011, Chicago, USA. A special highlight this year will be a VoIP security roundtable session with some of the field’s most important experts. Among those scheduled to participate are Philip Zimmermann, creator of the PGP software suite, and David Sugar, a lead developer on the recently announced GNU Free Call project. In addition to covering important security concepts and recent industry developments, the panel will also spend time answering questions from ClueCon attendees.
- GNU Hackers Meeting in Paris, 2011. Saturday 27th - GNU Free Call presented by Haakon and David.
- MIE Village of the Future 2011, a Medtech and eHealth event in Oslo, August 29th. David and Haakon attends.
Haakon will give a talk about GNU Free Call on September 13th at the Norwegian Unix Users Group monthly meeting in Oslo, Norway.
Sipwitch plugin for Friendica started.
David attends LibrePlanet 2012.
First public IRC meeting on freenode-channel #friendica. Monthly meetings are planned from now on.
Second public IRC meeting on freenode-channel #friendica.
Third public IRC meeting on freenode-channel #gnutelephony.